“The childminder has an understanding of how to support children with learning difficulties as she has had some experience in this field.” Ofsted.
The welfare of the children in our setting is paramount. Therefore we adhere to the following policy and procedures with regards to special needs.
• We strive to make every effort to offer a place, or continue caring for a child with special needs within our setting, provided we can offer a positive experience of learning through play for all the children of our setting.
• Work effectively in partnership with parents and other professionals for the benefit of the child.
• Promote positive images of children with special needs.
• Follow the Department for Education and Department of Health Special Educational Needs and Disability code of practice.
• To attend wherever possible training on special needs arranged by the Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership (EYDCP) and other professional bodies.
• To identify early signs of special educational needs.
• To ensure that all children have access to education, and that their special needs are met.